The city is like an immense museum of great beauty and holds some of the most genuine historical Spanish monuments.
Its old Gothic and renaissance buildings, its narrow streets and alleys, testify old days of magnificence.
The old city has been considered as a National Monument and declared World Heritage City by UNESCO.
Toledo is also named the city of three cultures, as for a long period of time, the Christian, Islamic and Jewish lived peacefully within its walls.
Children under 6 years travel for free!
– vegetable stew, veal steak with garnish, Vanilla ice cream with fruit salad
– Hors d´ouvre and tapas, Roasted lamb with vegetables, Cake of truffle with ice cream, wine, mineral water and coffee. (vegetarian menu available)
Upon arrival we start with a panoramic walking tour to visit:
– the inside of the restored Alcazar of Toledo, an impressive fortified building located at the highest point of the city
– housing the museum of the Spanish Army
– important Library
(Wednesday there shall be a visit to Cristo de la Luz Mosque instead).
The tour continues with a visit to:
– the inside of the monumental Primate Cathedral, a magnificent sample of flamboyant Gothic style
– the old Jewish quarter with its narrow streets to visit the Church of St. Tome, with the very famous painting of El Greco “The Burial of Count Orgaz”,
– the old Synagogue of Ste. Maria la Blanca which remain as a symbol of the coexistence of “Three Cultures”
– Monastry of San Juan de los Reyes
– Museum Victorio Macho, which is located over the river tagus with outstanding views. There will b a short audiovisual movie about the city.
Panoramic tour with the bus around the outskirts with a short stop to admire the views from the other side of the river and take photos with beautiful sights.
There will be also a visit to a typical factory of Damasquino, a well known handicraft art of Toledo.
Free Hotel Pick-up: We will pick you up for free from your hotel for this tour. Please choose your hotel name and pick-up point in the booking process!
If your hotel or apartment is not on the list, please take a look on the map with all pickup places and choose a hotel next to your location:
Alternatively, just select No Pickup and come directly to the tour departure point.
Things To Bring
Right after booking you will receive a voucher.
Please print it or show it on your mobile phone to the guide on the bus.
– Bus with full air conditioning
– Guided visit to Catedral
– Guided visit to Alcazar
– Lunch (If chosen)