Toledo Full Day Tour
Enjoy and explore the ancient monumental city of Toledo at its fullest with our awesome guides on this great full day tour from Madrid. The city's great wealth of monuments due to the rich history is purely amazing. Get picked up at your hotel in Madrid and start this lovely journey!
The city is like an immense museum of great beauty and holds some of the most genuine historical Spanish monuments. Its old Gothic and renaissance buildings, its narrow streets and alleys, testify old days of magnificence.
The old city has been considered as a National Monument, and declared World Heritage City by UNESCO.
Toledo is also named the city of three cultures, as for a long period of time, the Christian, Islamic and Jewish lived peacefully within its walls.
Get picked up right at your hotel in Madrid from where you will be brought to the bus departure point and start your journey to Toledo. The bus drives you right into the city center where the guided tour starts. This Tour covers all the important and beautiful sights and attractions of Toledo in one day.
The panoramic walking tour takes you around the old quarter where you can cherish the Plaza del Ayuntamiento.
Here you will visit the inside of the monumental Cathedral, a magnificent sample of flamboyant Gothic style. It is one of the most impressive monuments of Toledo and unique in Spain, a spectacular piece of the architecture and the Spanish art.
Admire aswell the old Palace of Justice, City Hall and much more. You will than take a walk through the old jewish quarter with narrow streets and visit the church of St. Tome with El Greco’s famous painting “The Burial of Count Orgaz” from the time he was living in Toledo.
As the walk continues you will see the, most likely, oldest Synagogue of europe, the Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca. Still today it remains a symbol of the coexistance of the “Three Cultures”. Another highlight is the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes as an example of Gothic style with Spanish and Flemish influences.
This tour also includes the Museum Victorio Macho where you will experience outstanding views and witness a short audiovisual movie about the city as well as the works of the famous sculptor. There will be also a visit of a typical factory of Damasquino, which is a well known handicraft art.
After you have seen the pure beauty of Toledo, our bus will take you back to the departure point in Madrid.
Optional Lunch: You would like to add a Lunch to this tour? No problem! Just add it below on the booking section.
What is included?
- Panoramic walking tour of Toledo including:
- Plaza del Ayuntamiento
- Primate Cathedral
- Old Palace of Justice
- City Hall
- Church of St. Tome
- Old Synagogue of Ste. Maria la Blanca
- Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- Museum Victorio Macho + Visit of a typical factory of Damasquino
- Local English speaking guide
- Panoramic bus tour, fully air conditioned bus
- Guided visit and access to the Catedral
- Guided visit to Alcazar
- Optional Lunch
- Free Hotel Pick-up: Just choose your hotel name and pick-up point in the booking process! If your hotel is not on the list, please take a look on the map with all pickup places and choose a hotel next to your location: Morning Tours – Hotel Pickup Map
How to book this?
- Right after booking you will receive a voucher via email.
(Click here for a 1 min video of our booking process.)
- Show it at the meeting point near the metro stations Callao and Santo Domingo. (Exact details on your voucher).
- Free cancellation until 48h before the start time. Just send us an email and we will refund you – no questions asked!