Madrid Morning Walking Tour & Palacio Real
With this walking tour through the old quarter of Madrid you will see some of the oldest buildings and the most important monuments the city has to offer. Enjoy the entrance to el Palacio Real and feel like a King or a Queen walking inside this monumental palace while our guide provides you with interesting facts!
Starting this tour at the impressive Plaza Mayor, from where we are taking a walk down the stairs to the Arco de Cuchilleros. Strolling around the winding streets and valleys near la Plaza de la Villauntil to the core of medieval Madrid.
There you will see some of the oldest buildings the city has to provide. Take a look at the former City Hall, the Tower of Lujanes, where French King Francois 1 was lodged prisoner by Spanish emperor Carlos 5. Take pleasure in the neoclassical exterior of the Almudena Cathedral at Bailén Street while listening to the inside knowledge of our guide.
The walking tour ends in the beautiful Plaza de Oriente where the Royal Palace is located.
Here you will visit the inside of the glorious Royal Palace, former residence of the Spanish Kings with its beautiful furnished and decorated interior. You will be able to admire: The offical Reception Hall, Museum area, Royal Chapel, Hall of the Throne and the private rooms of King Carlos 3 and Queen Isabel 2.
The walking tour through Madrid’s old quarters takes around one and a half hours and the following guided visit in the Royal Palace around one hour.
Children under 6 years travel for free!
What is included?
- Enjoy this walking tour in a private ambient and discover the old quarters of Madrid:
- Plaza Mayor
- Arch of Cuchilleros
- Plaza de la Vila
- Tower of Lujanes
- House of Cisneros
- Casa de la Villa
- Cathedral of Almudena
- Plaza de Oriente
- Local English speaking guide
- Admission and guided tour at the Royal Palace
How to book this?
- Right after booking you will receive a voucher via email.
(Click here for a 1 min video of our booking process.)
- Show it at the meeting point near the metro stations Callao and Santo Domingo. (Exact details on your voucher).
- Free cancellation until 48h before the start time. Just send us an email and we will refund you – no questions asked!