El Escorial Half Day Tour
Enjoy El Escorial on this great half day tour starting from Madrid! Get picked up right at your hotel and let the journey begin. Visit all the important monuments like the Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo or the Valley of the Fallen. After the tour our bus takes you back to Madrid to round this trip up.
Get picked up right at your hotel in Madrid from where you will be brought to the bus departure point and start your journey to El Escorial. The bus drives you right into the city center where the guided tour starts. This Tour covers the most important and beautiful sights and attractions of El Escorial in half a day.
El Escorial was declared of “Mankind heritage” and this half day tour includes all the highlights such as the library, the Monastery and the Basilica and many more!
The Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escoriales is the monument that best summarizes the ideological and cultural aspirations of the Spanish “Golden Age”. It was built in the 16th century under the command of the powerful King Philip II, and conceived as a residence, monastery and pantheon of the Royal House, becoming a symbol of the grandeur of the Spanish empire.
During the tour we will visit the interior of the Monastery, the Royal Palace, the Pantheon of the Kings and the Infantes, Chapter Halls, the Cloister of the Four Evangelists and the Basilica.
The Valley of the Fallen is an impressive monument erected in memory of the fallen during the Spanish Civil War. Located in the beautiful valley of Cuelgamuros, in the Sierra de Guadarrama, this colossal work consists of the Basilica and crypt excavated in laroca of a mountain and crowned by the imposing cross of other 150 meters of height. It includes the entrance to the Valley, and visit to the interior of the Basilica.
Children under 6 years are travelling for free!
What is included?
- Explore the amazing sights of El Escorial, like the Monastery, Basilica, the Palace of Philip II and many more. Enjoy all the monuments that make this city unique.
- Local English speaking guide
- A fully air conditioned bus
- Free Hotel Pick-up: Just choose your hotel name and pick-up point in the booking process! If your hotel is not on the list, please take a look on the map with all pickup places and choose a hotel next to your location: Morning Tours – Hotel Pickup Map
How to book this?
- Right after booking you will receive a voucher via email.
(Click here for a 1 min video of our booking process.)
- Show it at the meeting point near the metro stations Callao and Santo Domingo. (Exact details on your voucher).
- Free cancellation until 48h before the start time. Just send us an email and we will refund you – no questions asked!